Wyze Cam is a popular and affordable home security camera that allows you to monitor your home remotely. One of the common tasks that users often need to perform is changing the camera’s WiFi network. In this article, we will guide you through the process of changing the WiFi network on your Wyze Cam, along with answering some frequently asked questions related to this topic.
Changing the WiFi network on your Wyze Cam is a simple process that can be done using the Wyze app. Follow these steps to change the WiFi network:
1. Open the Wyze app on your smartphone and tap on the Wyze Cam device you want to change the WiFi network for.
2. Tap on the settings gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Select “Device Info” and then tap on “WiFi Settings.”
4. Tap on “Change WiFi Network” and select your new WiFi network from the list of available networks.
5. Enter the password for your new WiFi network and tap on “Next.”
6. Wait for the camera to connect to the new WiFi network. Once connected, you will see a confirmation message on the app.
Now that you know how to change the WiFi network on your Wyze Cam, let’s address some frequently asked questions about this topic:
1. Can I change the WiFi network for my Wyze Cam remotely?
No, you need to be physically near the camera to change the WiFi network.
2. Will changing the WiFi network affect my camera’s settings?
No, changing the WiFi network will not affect your camera’s settings. It will only change the network it is connected to.
3. Do I need to reset the camera to change the WiFi network?
No, you don’t need to reset the camera to change the WiFi network. Simply follow the steps mentioned earlier.
4. Can I connect my Wyze Cam to a hidden WiFi network?
Yes, you can connect your Wyze Cam to a hidden WiFi network. Select the “Join Other Network” option and manually enter the network name and password.
5. Can I connect the camera to a 5GHz WiFi network?
No, Wyze Cam only supports 2.4GHz WiFi networks. Make sure your network is set to 2.4GHz before attempting to connect.
6. What if I forget the password for my new WiFi network?
If you forget the password for your new WiFi network, you will need to reset the camera and set it up again with the new network.
7. Can I change the WiFi network on multiple Wyze Cams at once?
No, you need to change the WiFi network for each camera individually.
8. Will changing the WiFi network interrupt my camera’s live stream?
Yes, during the process of changing the WiFi network, the camera’s live stream will be temporarily interrupted. However, it will resume once the camera connects to the new network.
In conclusion, changing the WiFi network on your Wyze Cam is a straightforward process that can be done using the Wyze app. Make sure to follow the steps mentioned above, and if you have any further questions or issues, check out the Wyze support website for detailed instructions and troubleshooting tips.