How to Reconnect Blink to WIFI
Blink is a popular brand of home security cameras that allows you to monitor your property remotely. However, sometimes you may encounter issues with the WIFI connectivity of your Blink camera. If you find yourself in such a situation, here is a step-by-step guide on how to reconnect Blink to WIFI:
1. Check your WIFI connection: Ensure that your WIFI is working properly by connecting other devices to it. If other devices can connect successfully, move on to the next step.
2. Power cycle your Blink camera: Unplug the power adapter of your Blink camera and wait for 10 seconds. Then, plug it back in. This simple step often resolves WIFI connectivity issues.
3. Restart your router: Sometimes, your router may be the culprit. Turn off your router for 10 seconds and then power it back on. Wait for a few minutes until the router fully restarts.
4. Bring your camera closer to the router: If your Blink camera is located far away from the router, it may experience weak WIFI signals. Try moving your camera closer to the router and see if it reconnects.
5. Reset your camera: If none of the above steps work, you may need to reset your Blink camera. Locate the reset button on the back or bottom of your camera and press and hold it for 20 seconds. This will restore the camera to its factory settings.
6. Set up your camera again: After resetting your camera, you will need to set it up again. Open the Blink app on your smartphone and follow the instructions to reconnect your camera to WIFI.
7. Ensure you are using the correct WIFI network: During the setup process, make sure you select the correct WIFI network from the list of available networks. Double-check the network name and password before proceeding.
8. Contact Blink support: If you have tried all the above steps and still cannot reconnect your Blink camera to WIFI, it may be time to reach out to Blink support. They can provide further assistance and troubleshoot any technical issues.
Here are some frequently asked questions about reconnecting Blink to WIFI:
1. Why won’t my Blink camera connect to WIFI?
There could be various reasons for this issue, such as a weak WIFI signal, a problem with your router, or a need for a camera reset.
2. How far away can my Blink camera be from the router?
Ideally, your Blink camera should be within 100 feet of your router. However, this distance may vary depending on any obstacles or interference.
3. Can I use a WIFI extender with my Blink camera?
Yes, using a WIFI extender can help improve the WIFI signal strength for your Blink camera if it is placed far away from the router.
4. Can I change the WIFI network my Blink camera is connected to?
Yes, you can change the WIFI network your Blink camera is connected to by going through the setup process again and selecting a different network.
5. Can I connect my Blink camera to a 5GHz WIFI network?
No, Blink cameras only support connection to 2.4GHz WIFI networks.
6. Why is my Blink camera frequently disconnecting from WIFI?
Interference from other electronic devices, a weak WIFI signal, or a problem with your router can cause frequent disconnections.
7. Can I use a mobile hotspot for my Blink camera?
Yes, you can use a mobile hotspot to connect your Blink camera to the internet. However, keep in mind that it may consume a significant amount of data.
8. Will reconnecting my Blink camera to WIFI erase my previous recordings?
No, reconnecting your Blink camera to WIFI will not erase your previous recordings as they are stored in the Blink cloud.