How to Connect Shark Ion Robot to New WIFI
The Shark Ion Robot is a popular home cleaning device that can efficiently clean your floors. However, if you have recently changed your WIFI network or moved to a new location, you will need to connect your Shark Ion Robot to the new WIFI. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Prepare your Shark Ion Robot: Make sure your robot is fully charged before you begin the process. Place it near the WIFI router for a stronger connection.
2. Download the Shark Clean App: The Shark Ion Robot can be connected to your WIFI network using the Shark Clean app. Download and install the app on your smartphone or tablet from the App Store or Google Play Store.
3. Create an account: Open the app and create a new account by entering your email address and creating a password. If you already have an account, simply log in.
4. Add your Shark Ion Robot: Tap on the “+” sign on the top right corner of the app’s home screen to add your robot. Follow the on-screen instructions to turn on your robot and put it into pairing mode.
5. Connect to WIFI: The app will prompt you to connect to your WIFI network. Select your new network from the list and enter the password. Make sure your smartphone or tablet is connected to the same network.
6. Pair your robot: Once your WIFI network is connected, the app will search for available robots. Select your Shark Ion Robot from the list of devices found and tap “Pair” to complete the pairing process.
7. Update firmware (if required): If there is a firmware update available for your robot, the app will prompt you to update it. Follow the instructions on the screen to install the update.
8. Test the connection: Once the pairing process is complete, you can test the connection by using the app to control your Shark Ion Robot. You should be able to start, stop, and schedule cleaning sessions from your smartphone or tablet.
1. How do I restart the Shark Ion Robot?
To restart the robot, press and hold the power button on the robot for 10 seconds until you hear a beep.
2. Can I connect the robot to multiple WIFI networks?
No, the Shark Ion Robot can only be connected to one WIFI network at a time.
3. How do I change the WIFI network on my robot?
To change the WIFI network, you will need to reset your robot by pressing and holding the dock and spot buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds.
4. Can I use the robot without the app?
Yes, you can use the robot without the app by manually pressing the clean button on the robot.
5. How do I check for firmware updates?
Open the Shark Clean app and go to the “Settings” section. From there, select “Robot Info” and tap on “Check for Updates”.
6. Can I control the robot remotely?
Yes, you can control the robot remotely using the Shark Clean app as long as you have an internet connection.
7. How do I disconnect the robot from the WIFI network?
To disconnect the robot from the WIFI network, go to the “Settings” section in the app, select “Robot Wi-Fi”, and tap on “Forget Current Network”.
8. How do I reconnect the robot to the WIFI network?
To reconnect the robot to the WIFI network, follow the steps mentioned earlier in this article under “How to Connect Shark Ion Robot to New WIFI”.