How to Cancel CenturyLink Internet
CenturyLink is a popular internet service provider that offers a wide range of plans and packages to cater to different needs. However, there may come a time when you need to cancel your CenturyLink internet service. Whether you are moving to a new location or switching to another provider, canceling CenturyLink internet is a straightforward process. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to cancel your CenturyLink internet service.
1. Gather your account information: Before canceling your CenturyLink internet service, make sure to gather all the necessary account information, including your account number, billing address, and contact details.
2. Contact customer service: Call CenturyLink’s customer service department at the dedicated cancellation phone number. Be prepared to provide your account information and state your intention to cancel your internet service.
3. Verify your identity: To cancel your CenturyLink internet service, you may be required to verify your identity. This can be done by providing personal information, such as your social security number or account password.
4. Confirm cancellation details: During your conversation with the customer service representative, confirm the details of your cancellation, including the termination date and any potential fees or charges.
5. Return equipment: If you have rented or leased any equipment from CenturyLink, such as a modem or router, you will need to return it. The customer service representative will provide you with instructions on how to return the equipment.
6. Pay outstanding balances: Ensure that you have paid all outstanding balances on your CenturyLink account before canceling your internet service. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or difficulties in canceling.
7. Confirm cancellation: After discussing all the necessary details, ask the customer service representative to confirm the cancellation of your CenturyLink internet service. Request a confirmation email or written documentation for your records.
8. Follow up: After canceling your CenturyLink internet service, it is advisable to follow up to ensure that the cancellation has been processed correctly. Check your final bill to ensure there are no unexpected charges.
FAQs about Canceling CenturyLink Internet:
1. Will I incur any fees for canceling my CenturyLink internet service?
It depends on your contract and the terms of service. Early termination fees may apply if you cancel before the end of your contract.
2. Can I cancel my CenturyLink internet service online?
No, canceling your CenturyLink internet service must be done by contacting customer service via phone.
3. How long does it take to cancel CenturyLink internet service?
The cancellation process typically takes a few minutes, but it may take a few days for the cancellation to be fully processed.
4. Can I keep my email address after canceling CenturyLink internet?
No, once you cancel your CenturyLink internet service, your email address will no longer be active.
5. Can I cancel my CenturyLink internet service if I am in a contract?
Yes, you can cancel your CenturyLink internet service even if you are in a contract. However, early termination fees may apply.
6. Do I need to return my modem/router after canceling CenturyLink internet?
Yes, if you have rented or leased equipment from CenturyLink, you will need to return it after canceling your internet service.
7. Can I cancel CenturyLink internet service if I am moving to a new location?
Yes, you can cancel your CenturyLink internet service if you are moving to a new location. Inform customer service of your new address and the cancellation date.
8. Can I cancel CenturyLink internet service and keep my phone service?
Yes, you can cancel your CenturyLink internet service while keeping your phone service if they are billed separately. Inform customer service of your intention to cancel only the internet service.