How Do I Attach an Email to Another Email in Outlook
Attaching an email to another email can be a useful feature when you want to forward a complete conversation or share important information with others. Microsoft Outlook provides a straightforward method to attach an email to another email, allowing you to easily share the contents of a specific message. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook and open the email you want to attach.
2. Click on the “File” tab at the top-left corner of the Outlook window.
3. From the drop-down menu, select “Save As” option.
4. Choose a location on your computer to save the email as an “.msg” file.
5. Once saved, go back to your Outlook inbox and start a new email.
6. Compose your new email and click on the “Insert” tab.
7. Click on the “Attach File” button, which will open a file explorer window.
8. Navigate to the location where you saved the email as an “.msg” file.
9. Select the email file and click on the “Insert” button to attach it to your new email.
10. Finish composing your email and click on the “Send” button to send it with the attached email.
1. Can I attach multiple emails to another email in Outlook?
No, Outlook only allows attaching one email at a time. However, you can save multiple emails as “.msg” files and attach them individually.
2. Can I attach an email to an email in Outlook on my mobile device?
Yes, you can attach an email to another email using the Outlook app on your mobile device. The process is similar to the steps mentioned above.
3. Will the attached email be editable by the recipient?
No, the attached email will be sent as a separate “.msg” file. The recipient can open and read it but cannot edit it.
4. Can I attach an email from a different email account?
Yes, you can attach an email from any email account that you have added to Outlook.
5. What if I want to attach an email from a different folder in Outlook?
You can access the specific folder containing the email you want to attach, then follow the same steps mentioned above.
6. Can I attach an email as a different file format?
No, Outlook only allows attaching emails as “.msg” files. However, the recipient can convert the file into another format if needed.
7. Will the attachments within the attached email be included?
Yes, when you attach an email, all the attachments within that email will also be included.
8. Can I attach an email as a PDF or any other file format?
No, Outlook only allows attaching emails as “.msg” files. However, you can convert the “.msg” file into a PDF or other formats using third-party software.
Attaching an email to another email in Outlook is a convenient way to share important information or forward conversations. By following the simple steps outlined above, you can effortlessly attach an email and send it to your recipients.